Contents insurance

The building you live in is insured by Nottingham City Council, but your contents and belongings are not.

This means that if there was a fire or a flood at your home, or it was broken into, and your possessions are damaged or stolen, they would not be covered. Replacing them could cost you a lot of money – which is why it’s important to have contents insurance.

You can sort out your own insurance, or you can use our scheme, which is provided through Aviva. It currently starts from 62p a week for £4,000 of cover. It’s the same price, wherever you live in the city, and you can pay by Direct Debit or in with your rent. Unlike most insurance policies, it doesn’t have an excess – so you don't have to pay the first part of a claim – and you can have accidental damage cover for a small extra cost. Find out more by calling 0115 915 4920 or email us.

 If you make any changes to your tenancy, please check that your contents insurance policy is still valid.

The policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited and administered by Nottingham City Council Housing Services who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

If you have contents insurance and you need to make a claim please contact

Crawford and Company
Crawford Affinity Management
1st Floor Building 8
Exchange Quay
Salford Quays
M5 3EJ

Tel 0161 875 8988 or 0333 2202 537